Sunday, January 5, 2014

Review for The Secret Life of Walter Mitty



4.5/5 stars for the Secret Life of Walter Mitty

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty is heartwarming, earnest, and leaves you with a sense of wonderment for your own life and the potential that it holds. Although I'm not sure this is the type of movie I could watch again and again, this is the kind of movie that I will think about and have meaningful conversations about. This is definitely the kind of movie through which metaphors and symbolism are so prominent that it would be best seen before dinner, and discussed after. Especially if you have read the short story.


I don't want to give anything away, but this movie does have some differences from the short story. I have not read the short story (but I intend to very soon!) but my step father has and said that it left him feeling like they missed something out of the plot, and when the movie ended he was almost waiting for the punch line. Not having read the book, when the movie ended, it made me want to run and catch a plane to somewhere and just see the world.


This is a movie about Walter Mitty finding himself. Literally and figuratively. I highly recommend that you see it on the big screen as well. You won't be sorry!



No comments:

Post a Comment